I´m citizen of Venezuela and I´m concerned
about overcrowding in our jails. I
think one cause to this problem is that prisoners who committed minor crimes spend a lot time in jails waiting for the judge´s decision. They almost always
are in prisoners together a highly dangerous prisoners, and for this rather, they can´t regenerated
and they commit crimes again. For these
reason I invite the government to revise the possibility of implementing Restorative Justice (JR), which is an alternative and complementary path to
justice and it has been implemented with successfully in other countries. The
RJ programs would be applied in prime instance to prisoners with minor crimes.
Then these prisoners will have the opportunity to meet with their victims may
feel better. Similarly, JR helps to community through to overcome the trauma of victims. For other way, prisoners who participate in JR programs have to the
opportunity to rehabilitate and they can reintegrate into society more easily
as better person who may not commit more crimes. Also JR helps to government
for two ways: one is saving money for high costs that represent one prisoner in
jail and other is to help alleviate the overcrowded jails. For
this reason I think the RJ programs are a great help for offenders and their
victims, and communities and society in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment