Wednesday, 2 November 2011

My Passion: La Vinotinto.

 Soccer and baseball are my favourite sport but the soccer is my passion. Since I was a child I remember Diego Maradona made amazing goals and incredible plays; it wake up my passion for this sport. Nowadays this passion has grown and I enjoy when I watch play soccer to my national team, better known by the nickname of "La Vinotinto". I enjoy each play, each game, each victory and defeat suffer. Many years ago our team lost almost every game they played; today they give their all to achieve victory, which is now very common to see. Sometime you win sometime you lose, but the important thing in soccer is to give everything on the court. We have never been in a World Cup, but neither had been among the top 100 teams in the world, we are now among the top 50. Before our players were all local tournament now play in the best leagues in the world, including Argentina, Spain, France, Germany and Italy. We had never beaten Brazil, who have been five times world champions, or the double world champion Argentina. We beat Brazil in friendly game last year and beat Argentina in official game in the current World Cup Qualifying last month. All this has pushed up the hope of being in the World Cup, which is my dream. For all this, my passion is greater each day  and I hope to shout a goal of my Vinotinto in the next World Cup of Soccer: Brazil 2014; that is my dream and that of millions of Venezuelans. My passion our passion, La Vinotinto.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the excitement during the last World Cup here in 2010. A lot of students were late for class because they were really into the games! I hope Venezuela can do well next time. :)

    Corrections:
    Many years ago our team lost almost every game they played; today they give their all to achieve victory, which is now very common to see.

    All this has pushed up the hope of being in the World Cup, which is my dream.

    ReplyDelete